Sunday, August 5, 2012

Plan to Celebrate 10 Years of Maraige

For a while this year it looked like Deb and I might not get to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. We were faced with the diagnosis of my colon cancer, and then I had a heart attack which meant the surgery to remove the cancer had to be postponed to give my heart time to mend after the stint was put in.

Finally, after 2 and a half months, I got home from the hospital and gradually began to regain strength. Things were looking up. But then I got some test results that were questionable.and I got quite concerned. Would I be going back into the hospital. Was my reprieve only temporary?

Well, we're hoping I will be OK. Further tests will be done next month, and for now I am feeling good and I'm able to be off the ventilator for more than an hour at a time. I was breathing on my own all through the church service today. I was also off it all during the time Deb and I were on the tour of the Boston Tea Part Ship and Museum last Tuesday.

I am feeling better physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Deb and I are now very much looking forward to celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

 On the actual day of our anniversary were are going to go on a luncheon cruise on the Spirit of Boston. Two days later we're having a party at our church. At both events we're having the following song sung for us to dance to:


No comments:

Post a Comment