Saturday, November 24, 2012

Time for the Christmas Letter

Each year about this time Deb writes a Christmas letter to send out to our friends and family members via both email and regular mail. This was quite an eventful year for us, with both harrowing trials and joyful celebrations.

Even the writing of the Christmas letter had a minor trial or two. Deb now has a new computer with a new operating system and a new version of Microsoft Word.  For a while neither of us could get the spell checker to work, even aftter following the official instructions. Then suddenly the spell checker started working, and that was a relief.

When it came time to print the paper copies of the letter another hitch developed. The letter wouldn't print. The printer was connected and turned on and the program was telling it to print, but nothing was happening. Well, I didn't know what else to do, so I turned the printer off, then on again. Sure enough, that took care of the problem.

Originally Deb was going to include my online Avon webstore URL in the letter, but then I checked and discovered the URL no longer works. After many years as an Avon representative, I'd had to give up the direct selling to my local customers this year due health problems and drop in sales, but I'd kept the online webstore for those who wanted to use it and have orders shipped directly to them. But, apparently due to lack of activity, the webstore was closed and I'm no longer an Avon representative.

But I'll still do what I can when I can to earn some extra money. I'm a guy and like many men I like to do something to earn money to provide for my wife. It's not essential that I work, but as long as I'm able I will seek to do so.

 Although I'm no longer an Avon representative, but I am still an Amazon affiliate. That is why you will see Amazon banners on my blogs. If anyone goes to Amazon by clicking on one of the banners and then orders anything on Amazon I will earn a commission.

This has been quite a year for Deb and me. Getting the Christmas letter written and ready to send out has been a time to look back at what God has brought us through, both the trials and the blessings.

Thank you all for your prayers. Thank you to all who have helped us in so many ways. May you all be greatly blessed at this Christmastime and throughout the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment