Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reporting Progress On Two Fronts

Last night for the first time ever I made it through the entire night using just the Trilogy BiPap machine that I'll need to use during my colonoscopy, surgery, and for sleeping with afterwards. Like the previous two nights I slept for about 60-90 minutes at a time, and then had to make adjustments to make it possible to get back to sleep. But unlike the previous nights, last night I didn't ever have to switch over to using the negative pressure motor to finish getting through until morning.

One difference last night was that I used an oral (just the mouth) mask instead of the larger face mask (nose and mouth) that I'd used on Thursday and Friday. My respiratory therapist thought the oral mask might work well for me. I will also try to get used to the other mask in case my pulmonary doctors want me to use it in specific situations. But we are so happy that this is working well enough to make it possible to go ahead with the colonoscopy on Thursday.

The other area of progress is in the matter of the debt we incurred when DebbieLyyne moved here from California nearly 10 years ago and we legally married rather than just live together. In order for her to get on Mass Health and get coverage for personal care attendants we had to spend a certain amount of money on disability related expenses in a certain time frame.

I had to use credit cards to meet those requirements, and by the time they were met we had about $7,000 of debt. Over the years we have been paying it off as best we could, but when it was discovered I had colon cancer a couple of weeks ago our debt still amounted to about $3,000.

I hope God will allow me to survive the treatment of this colon cancer, but I don't know if or when I will ever be able to get back to earning any income other than the Social Social Disability income that is based on my late Dad's earnings.

That's why I posted a request for help with our debt, and in less than two weeks, we've been blessed with gits amounting to $500. I thank you so much for your generosity and for the prayers of all those who are asking God to meet our needs.

I will continue to do whatever I can on my own to eliminate our debt, and whenever it is gone we will post that news here and on DebbieLynne's blog.

 If you choose to help us with a gift, you can do so via Paypal. I'd ask that you use DebbieLynne's PayPal email ID rather than mine in case I'm in the hospital and not able to use a computer to go online. Her PayPal ID is:

debbielynne_7@yahoo.com

Thank you again for your love, your gifts, and for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment