Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I So Appreciate the Help Deb Gives Me

Gen 2:18  Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." ESV

 I need help. I get to be reminded of that quite often. For example, just yesterday I was letting the day go by without calling the paratransit service to request transport for DebbieLynne's doctor's appointment today at noon. After all, the office is less than a half mile away and the weather forecast was for no rain until late afternoon. But DebbieLynne reminded me that it would be good to request the trip, and in the morning cancel it if the weather was indeed what it was forecast to be. So I called.

Well, sure enough this morning we woke up and it was raining. Not heavily, but enough to have soaked DebbieLynne and me if we're tried to get to and from the doctor's office in our power wheelchairs. It was still raining both when the van took us to the office and back home again afterwards.

Deb also helps me eat healthy, which is so important for somebody like me who's had cancer and a heart attack. She finds healthy recipes online and adjusts them to fit our dietary restrictions.

She also helps me improve the writing for my blogs. She's an excellent writer and has even served as an editor. Now that I'm blogging more, she's giving me points to help me communicate more effectively.

She also helps me be a better husband. When I blow it as a loving husband, she helps me try to do better. She also forgives me, and that, too, make me want to do better.

She also encourages me to be a more godly man. Even though we very much like to be with each other while at church, she's happy for me to spend time fellowshipping and praying with the other men.

I thank God that Deb is my wife. I can never thank Him enough for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment